This course is designed to provide the student with a knowledge and understanding of special education programs. The course targets the basic special education functions of program management including the following:
1. Become familiar with your State Plan
2. Following State and Federal Compliance Procedures
3. Reviewing Special Education Models and Laws
4. A Knowledge and Understanding of Financing Special Education and an Understanding of Effective Budgeting Practices
5. A Knowledge and Understanding of the Function of Human Resources and Evaluation
6. A Knowledge and Understanding of the Importance of Good Public Relations
7. A Knowledge and Understanding of Monitoring Quality Professional Development as it Relates to Effective Teaching/Learning Practices for the Exceptional Child.